Originally Posted By real80sman
How is Teri anyway?

Teri's Facebook post on Wednesday really shook me up. She is an amazing person and friend.

"I am a traveler.

Every day I feel thankful for the opportunity to do what I love & to be able to share that passion with my friends & family.
If I were to list some "luxuries" in life, world travel would certainly be one of them (along with spa days, fancy cars & ridiculously overpriced gourmet chocolates - YUM!)

But what if someone told you that the simple act of leaving your house was a luxury? Running errands? visiting a friend across town? Seeing your doctor/ dentist?

For those of you who know me, you know that when I lived in Peterborough I worked as a PSW for a high level quadriplegic named Cam. Cam once bombed around town in a super luxurious ride *cough* a 1994 Caravan *cough* but now ... 22 years later ... is in need of a new, accessible van with a lowered floor (among other modifications) to accommodate his electric wheelchair.

Turns out - there is no funding available to Cam for the purchase of a new van. Turns out - having a van to get from one place to another is considered a "Luxury" & not a necessity ... yet, in this case, a van IS a necessity ... and an expensive one at that.

I do not often share the "Go Fund Me" links ... if you know me well, you know I've never shared one once, but this is something I feel really strongly about. PLEASE take a moment to share (and donate) to help Cam get the van that he needs. Every little bit helps & will help to make a HUGE difference in the life of someone super awesome. Yes ... SUPER awesome ... what's better than THAT?!"

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.