As a long time owner of Axiom products, those models seem like early Axiom models. I owned AX 3, which were very similar and heard the AX5's on many occasions. Search the Water Cooler forum for historical references - and many visits, including mine in 1991 which shows the early views of the plant. The interesting design of the AX3 and 5 models were the cabinet within a cabinet with the original 3's front firing, and 5's rear firing, as the woofer was separated from the other drivers....oh, and the lifetime warranty, which I employed on several occasions to replace drivers. That played into my favour with Ian offering me a sensational deal to simply get my AX3's for the parts to re-purpose for use in repairing other AX3's to honour the "lifetime" warranty.

I can tell you with experience and without sarcasm, that my original AX3's do not compare with my M80's. I had lengthy discussions with Ian over the designs - having met Ian almost 30 years ago - and about the evolution of speakers, not wanting to trade in my AX3's....but I can tell you it was well worth the effort.

Though, based on your list of equipment, it seems you enjoy vintage equipment, so enjoy your journey!