I felt like there was a real "lacking" feel to the show this year. Since I was there for the audio/video home theater aspect, I didn't care about installation technology, vendor/client management tools, etc.

So what do I mean by "lacking?" Well, there was the ultra high end market, which I think must be going strong. Low to mid-level stuff just was either on static (non-functioning) display, or were non-existent altogether. So that meant that if you wanted to actually demo something cool that you could afford you were out of luck. $35,000 laser 4K projectors, $150,000 on up audio systems, THAT is what it was all about... Previous years there were companies offering something in a more manageable price point for demo, but not even companies like Pioneer had anything to really demo. Paradigm was showing off their new ultra expensive speaker line and in a 2.0 audio only setting. Companies like Denon & Marantz showed off their new flagship Denon receiver, but used old speakers for most of their setup (new Boston Acoustics ceiling speakers for Atmos, but not sure who buys B.A. speakers anyway).

So all in all, with the next 2 years of CEDIA being in San Diego, I don't feel like I will miss out on a lot if I don't go.

Farewell - June 4, 2020