And some photos from where I was working:

This was the house that we emptied on Sunday afternoon. They emptied it top to bottom. Not sure if they plan on coming back. They didn't look like they were in the financial position to buy flood insurance, so if their house gets water, it is done. They refused sandbags...

Adding to the levee on the west side. Dirt was high in clay content and really solid, our job was to wait until it got to the right height (they actually had land surveyors out to make sure that it was "level") and then we unrolled really thick (5+ mil thick) plastic over the other side and then put sandbags on it to hold it in place.

The other side of the levee as of yesterday. This is hard to tell height, but it was pretty tall. This is about half under water today, and rising...

Any manhole cover or sewer access was covered like this and sandbagged to prevent backflow water from flooding....

This was a business that either wanted to keep water out from their door, or zombies inside. I (sadly) joke about this because if water gets up to where the door is, it is going to get up under the siding and into the building anyway... They didn't think about that I guess.

Hard to see, but this is how a lot of the better prepared places are trying to protect their businesses (and homes). They wrapped the bottom of the house with thick clear plastic, taped the top to the house, held the bottom with sandbags, and then stacked sandbags against the plastic...

Sadly, and I don't have a picture of it, I saw a business that did a great job of this, except they butted to pieces of plastic up at their double glass doors. No overlap, and minimal attempt to connect the two pieces of plastic. Water will easily get in that spot and right between the glass double doors....

Farewell - June 4, 2020