If you go with the MRX720, then you are stuck in a sense using the existing amp to power your atmos speakers. The MCA50 is far overkill for that duty.

If you go with the MRX1120 then you atmos speakers are covered. If you ask me, the side and rear surrounds would also be more than covered with the amps that are built into the MRX1120. You likely would see only a small if any improvment on the fronts and center with an external amp over the one that comes with the 1120. There is enough of a step up with the power and amp setup in the 1120 over the 720 that I'd say it is worth it.

My recommendation to you would be to choose between the AV60 and MRX1120. I personally have the AV60 and it does rock. I had little choice as I have LFR speakers that require and external amp, and already had two smaller 2channel amps that would be perfect for Atmos .4 I figured that I might as well get a pre-amp rather than pay the extra for the 1120 and not use the built ins.

Now I know someone here has the 1120 and swears it sounds awsome.. Sadly i am very bad with names and after a few beers it just gets worse. I would not get the 720 as it's got lesser bits inside of it and seems a waste to get less and of the bits you are paying for, your not using.. ie the 720 is great for someone who just wants 7.1 and no intention of going for the extra .4

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5