No. The 720 you cannot re-direct the amps to other purposes. The other part that isn't there is a much larger Toroidal transformer like you have inside the MCA50.

I use to own an MCA5ii that is the predecessor to your MCA50. It sounded great but in the period that I was trying to get something sounding right, I sold it before I got the AVR60, so I cannot say how it sounded with that setup.

I have not auditioned any of the Emotiva receiver/pre-amps so I can't advise on how they sound. I will say that the Anthem was a complete eye opener or ear opener in the sound department. it brought my LFR's to life and made them sing like there was no tomorrow.

Just because you have the MCA50, does not make it set in stone. Take a look at Cannuk Audio Mart http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/ chances are you can sell the unit if it turns out that you do not need it. I would believe Nick if he says that the 1120 works great and doesn't need an additional external amp to power the front 3.

The dynamic power reqirements to run the surronds where-ever they are are really minimal.

Now I will admit that I did get a second ADA1000 x 5 channels and use that to run my center and side/back surrounds. I already had the 4 channel ADA1000 for the LFR speakers and just wanted a solution that got it done. I am sure if I had spent the time shopping i could have gotten a better deal. The driving force behind the purchase was that I have had past problems with feedback humm from amps, and the ADA just worked silent. I decided it cost less to just buy what i know would work than F! around looking just to save a couple of hundred where i had already waited weeks of my time and could see weeks more going in. Time is Money.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5