I am up to my ears in home theater projects over at AVS, but just a quick thought.... "Screw the people working out..."

Actually I'm being a little serious. Someone running or exercising really isn't going to be betting a good surround sound or Atmos experience anyway, and you are compromising those sitting in the seats and their desire for the "best" experience that you are going for.

Focus the sound on the seated area, and anyone jogging or working out will still be able to see the screen and be entertained.

Be careful of putting speakers or subs into corners. You will get some negative impact on sound quality. You will create really strong first reflection points the closer a speaker is to a wall. You will excite more "modes" in the room putting subs in corners, but you are really messing with quality doing so. I would get the speakers a little further from the wall and push the subs in to about the 1/3 mark along the front wall (break the wall into 3 equal sections and put the first sub where the 1st and 2nd section meet and the other where the 2nd and 3rd sections meet. Of course, more ideal would be at the mid-point of 2 opposite walls (middle of the front and middle of the back, or middle of each of the side walls), but I'm running 2 big subs at the 1/3 points up front and getting great response (improved quality) throughout the room.

Don't be afraid to put nice sized speakers up on the ceiling for Atmos. I went with on-wall speakers and put them up on my ceiling because I soundproofed my room and didn't want to cut 4 large holes in the ceiling, plus I would have hit some sort of ceiling joist, conduit, or clip/hat channel trying to put the speaker in. I went with M3s and they work great. At CEDIA 2016 the Denon & Marantz demo booth (always put on a nice technical display and demo) they put in large 8" woofer overheads and it was quite impressive. The overheads are only active about 5-10% of a typical (native) Atmos movie, but having that extra woofer space was a nice touch for getting some mid-bass energy overhead. YES you CAN tell the difference.

Hopefully that helps get the ball rolling a bit in people's thoughts. Exciting times for sure.

Farewell - June 4, 2020