I gather that you have a knowlege about electronics. I don't.

I am trying to make myself an external trigger switch to fix the shortcomming of my AVM60 pre-amp and the ADA1000 units. The two of them don't want to play nice with each other for the job I need them to do.

I am looking to put together a box with a 120v plug on it. inside the box I need a 12v relay that i can control with the trigger line off my AVM60 pre-amp. it's 12v-40mA, so not really all that much current. I have ordered from amazon this:

now I gather that if i put a jumper on instead of the bit that you stick into the ground, it would make it so that when the 12v (connected to the other input) is there the relay would close. And when the 12v is disconnected, the relay would open.

I could then run the black wire from my power cord to the comm on the relay, and another from the on relay connection to the load side of a receptical. The white would just go straight to the other side. This would give me a power receptical that could turn on when there is a 12v trigger voltage coming from my pre-amp. This receptical then could be used to turn on and off my Amp-OneA's that are used to power the height speakers for Atmos.

Then to make this more useful, I can hook up a 12v power supply module to this receptical and have the 12v DC output run to a set of 4 x 1/8" patch plugs to give me now 4 new trigger lines to control my subs, and the two ADA1000 amps that obviously need their own dedicated lines that can share the 1A output from the power module.

I had drawn up a diagram of the idea but as I can't upload a photograph to the forum here, I just put in images of the parts ordered from Amazon.

My spelling is horrible, but I don't care, phonecly try and read it Spelling correctly is for teachers and they are on strike right now,

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5