When you say "working on a media room" do you mean from scratch studs out? There are a lot of options to tailor the room to a lifestyle based setup. I lean towards full out audio-centric setup, so my advice will always be best case for sound. Carpet for flooring! Hang a heavy tapestry on the angled wall beside the planed fireplace in your drawing. Then delete the fireplace and use it for a built in gear rack location. Get a more practical (for media rooms) electric fireplace for ambience and heat. Put it on the long wall.

5.2.4 with M5HPs up front w/vp160 and M3s for surrounds and in-ceilings in that room. You want your TV on the wall with the small couch. You dont want rear surrounds in that small a room. Your seating distances do not require tower output.

The space is acoustically coupled to another adjoining. You want that garbage reverb energy arriving at the least audible lateral angle -behind you. It is also pleasing and impressive to enter a room to see the grandeur at once -from the back. Your mains will also wash over the adjoining rooms for ambient enjoyment while eating, cooking whatever.

If you are building from scratch ATMOS is really a non decision. You want it. I would also suggest not skimping by going to smaller speakers -like M3s all around.

Shhhh. I didn't say any of this.