Having just gone through a serious evaluation of the M60's, maybe my two cents worth will help. First of all, purchasing the M60's for a friend of mine just cost me more money than I thought. I'm replacing my existing BOSE 901s with the M60 + subwoofer combination ASAP. Perhaps saying I own BOSE 901s automatically disqualifies me from comment. All I can say is that I got them for $125 (I think even the worst BOSE basher will agree that they are a pretty good $125 speaker). Now as to your speakers. I'm hearing instruments in recordings that I never knew were there on the Axioms. I think a subwoofer is pretty much mandatory with any speaker that Axiom makes. In my experience, speakers that really make an impression are generally too bright our loud in some area, and that with time, will become uncomfortable. I currently own a pair of Quad Electrostatics. They are sitting out in the barn because I cannot afford to rebuild them. I mention this because when it comes to accurate sound, I think you will find electrostatics hard to beat if you can afford them, and can accept their limitations. I keep getting the feeling with the Axioms that I'm listening to the Quads (but with bass). My advice is hold back on judgment until you hook up the subs and listen to alot of music. You could do worse and spend more money.