Ok...here's an update regarding my impressions from listening this weekend...actually, I've cranked them every chance I've gotten -- using many different styles of music. I have really warmed to these speakers, although...I don't find them to be warm -- but they are especially clear...crystal clear ...really, and extremely neutral -- which is something I appreciate.

I did get a chance to tweak the Denon...and set the fronts to large...bumped up the bass a bit, and now that I put the surrounds up...am using the 5 ch setting... I have also experimented with many of the other signal processing settings, but need more tweaking time -- and all in all really appreciate the clarity of these speakers. They even handle bass quite well. For some reason...I keep feeling like I need to eq the system -- call it poor quality cds or what you will, I keep thinking that an eq could add that punch I'm looking for. That said, the speakers aren't to blame for that...rather most of my cd's don't have a lot... and I expect to improve drastically on that end with my svs subwoofer scheduled to arrive tommorrow. All in all I like these speakers. I've only listened to music so far...no HT...but am looking forward to that too...especially with the sub.

I really feel confident that I definitely got my money's worth...and then some...about the only other speakers in this price range...that I would have liked to audition would be the swans or the rockets... I have read that these are anything but neutral...

All in all I like my speakers...and that feeling is growing every day ... I'll let you know how the system sounds with the sub....