OK, the Parasound amp was sent back after using it for a week; I'll say that it's a really nice piece for the money, a great entry level amp for a guy who cannot afford to spend too much, but who would like a very powerful amplifier. Or a person like a college kid who is moving frequently and cannot deal with heavy, expensive gear.

My impression with it is that although very good on the low and mid range, it's just slightly harsh to my ears in the upper frequencies and definitely lacks in the imaging/sound-stage department vs. the A51. But otherwise, a very nice piece and not expensive at all.

I was so intrigued by the class D amp that I just brought in a pair of the Anthem M1 mono blocks and they arrived yesterday. Thus far having set them up quickly with two 120 volt 15 amp input lines vs. the recommended 240 volt mains, they are pretty damn good, in fact really good. Much improved sound stage and details than the Parasound A51 and far more low end power, not to mention the bass detail is exquisite. I am hearing things I have not heard before in all ranges. But to be fair, these amps are almost twice the cost of the A51.

The other major point of interest to me is how cool they run! My A51 under heavy loading got very hot, like up in the 140 degree F range. The M1's average around 80 to 90 degrees F. And I have them stacked on top of each other! Very impressed with these overall.

Give me more time with them and also will report on using 240 volt input shortly.

Slim

Last edited by Slimpikins; 02/23/18 01:50 AM.