I was about to push the button and order a UDP-203. Thoughts ? Looks like local dealer (solutionsav) is now out of stock so someone must be buying them. Supposed to be back in stock in a few more days.

Doesn't look like a hoax - the messaging is fairly well integrated into the web site.

I was planning to run 7.1 analog into my old HK 630 and let the player do the decoding, figuring that would let me run for a while longer without having to upgrade the AVR.

Only downside is that in order to use the AVR's bass management I would need to let it re-digitize the analog inputs, but looks like the Oppo has sufficient bass management internally.

Currently running an old Sony (BDP-S300 ?) player, the Walmart version IIRC. Got it for free a lot of years ago so it is probably pretty much written down by now smile

On the other hand Sony has been really good with firmware update and that has extended the life of my player quite a bit further than I would have expected. I was looking for a good Sony alternative but they seem to have dropped analog outputs from most of their newer models.

I guess the other alternative is to bite the bullet and upgrade the AVR. Bleah. I think I'll grab a UDP-203 if it comes back in stock.

Last edited by bridgman; 04/05/18 02:25 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8