Japan has always been at the forefront of hi rez but even the jump from 1080 to 2160 just isnt that great, HDR is the big ticket though it still isnt living up to the hype - lots of work to do yet. I think our TV standards will hold us back in NA simply because of bandwidth, were still rocking 720p or 1080i and where i live cable still look like shhite. Personally , i have a 1080P plasma in my bedroom and it looks every bit as good as my LED in my theater , resolution just isnt that important. I know plenty of average people like myself and they just arent buying into the hi rez thing. We still have a video store here and the owner is a freind and he says he still rents more DVD's than BD and 4k isnt even relevant. He has 4k only becaseu it comes with the BD when he buys them. I am in the sticks and maybe its different in cities i dont know but we all have the internet so im sure we stay pretty current here. The only reason i bought a 4k player is because my BDP93 had problems with discs that had truehd sound tracks, my tv upscales so well that the difference between 4k disc and BD is not that great. I have read that its recommended you sit closer to a 4k TV to get the benefits of 4k, but i didnt buy a 70 inch tv so i could sit closer.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry