I have always purchased Oppo products, however, because this last time around it was my first 4K player and the 203 AND 205 didn't include any online streaming, after ending up trying TWO LG UP 970s(too noisy) and the initial offering from Sony, I ended up with the Panasonic UB900, which although it has been around for awhile, has about the best build quality next to the Oppo, a very comparable picture and the analog outs you are looking for. In fact, at the outset, some rated this models regular BR 4K upscaling and HDR performance slightly superior to the Oppo. It just doesn't have the SACD or DVD audio capability.

If you wish to wait, Panasonic announced at NAMM the new top of the line UB820 which is going to have ALL of the enhanced video set-ups(HDR 10 and HDR 10 PLUS and Dolby Vison. They also announced after NAMM at a show in Europe they were going to introduce the UB9000 which was their version of an A/V phile player that was allegedly to compete with the Oppo 205. With Oppo announcing they are shutting it down, I guess it remains to be seen whether or not Panasonic will still go ahead with the UB9000 especially in N/A. Cambridge audio has a player that is essentially a 203 clone. In any case, to get the features you want, it looks like you will ultimately have to spend more money,

In my opinion, although more expensive and from my own observations, of the mainstream offerings and the reviews, the Panasonic runs a very close second to the Oppo.

Last edited by casey01; 04/05/18 04:58 PM.