Originally Posted By Mojo
A big congrats on that system. I think you got a 600v4 as well, correct?

I have zero experience with Atmos, in-ceiling and in-wall. The best advice I can give you is to mock it all up and listen to it somehow before drilling holes. I think Blair's advice makes sense for all speakers except maybe the front left and right. I've found with my M5s, tweeters at a few inches below ear height helps them disappear better without any loss of treble detail or air. At that height, images in well-recorded music appear behind the M5 (as they should) rather than at the M5. I've found that to be dependent on MLP distance. At 10' away in my living room, tweeters at ear height works but at 13' away in my main room, tweeters below works better. This may also be dependent on the different adjacent reflecting surfaces in each room.

Since you have in-walls, the above may not apply. I am really curious if your in-wall M5s will give you the same holographic soundstage I enjoy so much.

Thanks Mojo. Yes, got the 600v4 as well. I've tried all of the speakers in my office, just sitting upright on a table, and they sound great! The M5HP's sound particularly good, and I did get a very holographic sense with just those two connected.

The 600v4 is not doing it for me, sadly. I've tried it in multiple rooms, big and small, with a Yamaha RXV479, my Denon 4500H, and even my PC speakers (Simple Audio Listen, has a sub -out RCA connection). Even with the volume knob on the sub completely maxed, and +10 in the amps, I find the output to be underwhelming, especially at the lower end of the spectrum, where action/scifi movies really go nuts. I'm thinking that a ported sub will better suit my setup.

I haven't tried the 180v4 yet, but am pretty excited to hear what it can do!

Axiom M5HP VP160 M3 ADA1000
Anthem MRX 720
SVS SB-3000 (dual)