Back in the 80's, I liked my gear to match and be all "cool" looking. The more lights the better. Now, my gear mostly sits in a media closet or behind dark tinted glass doors so looks are of a tertiary concern!

I also believe in the adage of "you get what you pay for" and agree about the Emotiva sentiment which is why I have never pulled the trigger. Judging from their forums, it takes a while for their products to be fully baked which is why I don't have a problem recommending their v2 or v3 offerings that aren't on the bleeding edge of new standards and tech.

When it comes to their amps, you need to look beyond their RMS ratings and take a closer look at their total dynamic headroom and the size/weight of the toroidal transformer as an indication of true power. For example, a $499USD A-500 5-channel amp is "rated" at 110wpc but weighs only 29 lbs. The ADA-1000 cost 2x as much but weighs 44lbs! You would need to move up to the Emotiva XPA-5 (at $1599USD/$2100CAD) to probably get similar performance as the ADA-1000...

Good luck with your upgrade :-)

Last edited by TDIPablo; 01/25/19 02:08 PM.