I bought a set of inwall M4-v4 speakers with the good intention of installing them in the back wall of the media room. This is not going to happen so there is no point in keeping these speakers that are still wrapped in plastic in the original boxes

I have a set of M3-v4 computer speakers that sound awsome. I however don't like them attached to my Mac as the mac doesn't like to play as nice as it should with volume and trying to adjust the volume on the back of the speakers is a total pain. I have just given in to not using them for that but rather have made up a small media player with a Raspberry Pi and plug them into that with the USB cable and can use them as a psudo portable outside speakers that kick out some wicked sound and just use the Raspberry as the music source.

So I still have the Mac that would be nicer to have some better speakers for and beside it is a windows10 box that I play some games on every once in a while. I have an old Nakamichi AV1 stereo that would be really easy to plug in beside the two computers, and just run an USB audio out plug from each computer to the VCR1&2 inputs on the Nak and then let it drive a set of speakers. I do have some older Energy speakers that will sound good. I don't know if a pair of M3's would sound better. I don't see the point of going b-stock sale right now as what is online isn't what I really want. I am not in any rush to get the speakers. I don't think the room is big enough to justify M5's.

Can't decide if this is just buying for the sake of it. ITS computer speakers for G-Sake. I guess for me it comes down to price. The web site gives me two options for trade in conditions. Good and rough around the edges. I don't think my trade in speakers are either. They are pristine in original packaging un opened from Axiom factory. So I guess the holdback comes down to price. If only I could get someone at Axiom to call me to see if we could work out a slightly better price that will tip me in favour of spending more money.

Last edited by MatManhasgone; 12/27/19 09:58 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5