I hate making decisions like these. I have owned more than a few pioneer products from bestbuy/future shop. I know they sounded sub par but most often you got what you paid for. The later ones were getting ok as if you’d wait for them to be replaced by newer models then the $1200-1600 models would come down to the $450-600 price levels that sort of to me showed how much markup was in the units and what they likely should have been selling for.

But I have never owned a Pioneer Elite form another store line. I imagine that Best Buy get a specific design for them that don’t line up with everyone else. Who knows if they get a high margin lower quality made knowing they are big enough that people will just buy from them??

Do I put my distrust in getting crap to one side and say perhaps it will be an ok unit??

You can pay an ever upgrade cost for electronics especially stereo equipment. Is it better than the one before it?? Does an Arcam FMJ really give better sound than a NAD bee to justify the $600-1000 price difference. I don’t know

And if I put just about any major brand into google and search for <brand.name> failure rate, you will get pages upon pages from forum users saying it was a piece of junk and never buy that brand. It’s a wonder that any company is still in business.

What is the answer?

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5