Originally Posted By michael_d
If you like Apple, get a Harmony. If you like Windows, get a URC.

I vaguely recall thinking about this some time ago and refresh my memory, weren't URC more time intensive, needed programming, not a simple database addition for controllable peripheral gear, etc.?

Quote:
Harmony, much like Apple, pisses me off

Don't even get me started on Apple.
Random 911 dialing because of an auto feature setup from pressing volume and power button at the same time in a certain sequence must cause a lot of bogus 911 calls.
Why the hell would Apple put the power button immediately opposite a volume button such that when a hand holds the unit, pressing both when trying to press one is intuitively going to happen? Let alone design a feature that when this occurs a 911 call gets dialed.
I mean WTF APPLE??!!

I actually like the Harmony setup and all, but the quality of the remotes has gone downhill. I have an older unit that fits nice in the palm, has the pause, record, etc. buttons easy near the thumb, has a rechargeable battery which i've only changed out twice in over 10 years, whose buttons have not worn out (no surface printed letters/numbers and sturdy mechanical switches).
The most recent Harmony One had play/record buttons up high so i needed two hands, one on the remote bottom for balance and pressure and the second hand to actually press the buttons up high. It was not contoured for a hand to hold it firmly and my hand kept slipping upward from the bottom. No more rechargeable batteries. Now you just go through a new set every 3 months and recycle NiCads or Li metal batts like they were kids candy after Halloween. Soft buttons fail within a year. No amount of cleaning worked to fix it. There's actually companies online that sell kits to help fix this problem.
Eeeech.
WTF Logitech!!??

Last edited by chesseroo; 01/17/20 11:23 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."