Originally Posted By chesseroo
I vaguely recall thinking about this some time ago and refresh my memory, weren't URC more time-intensive, needed programming, not a simple database addition for controllable peripheral gear, etc.?

Yes. The programable URC remotes require installer or user programming, and the professional line requires software that you can only acquire (per URC policy), from a registered dealer, or possibly a registered "installer". As with anything, there are workarounds for obtaining the software, but you won't get it from Best Buy. The rationale is that URC wants installers to program the remote, verse DIY'ers, as the assumption is that only professionals can figure out how to program the remote, correctly..... But if I can figure it out, anyone reading this can too. I just have to refresh my memory every time I change a component and have to update the programming.

Granted, the CCP programming software does have a steep learning curve, and if you are not willing to spend several hours (and days), learning how to run it, Harmony would be the better option.

But if you are the type who may get pissed off when your stuck hunched over a sink, trying to get the auto soap dispenser and auto water dispenser to realize you want to wash your hands, in the order YOU choose, with the amount of soap and water YOU want to use...........consider URC.