Originally Posted By chesseroo
But are clocks old school?
Both my kids wear watches and they are GenZ.

Are they pure watches or Apple or multi function devices?
Without changing settings daily on my phone, how would i get it to function as my overnight clock? Propped up somehow, need to leave the screen on and even then with the background i have, at a quick glance the clock on the opening page isn't immediately easy to read like a LED clock.
Do you change your wake time daily? If so, you adjust your alarm clock daily. Most phones have daily settings that allow you to set an entire week at once.
People still wear watches to quickly check time. They don't pull out their phones, press the power button...
Absolutely that is how people function. Most newer cellphones just need to be picked up and they display whatever settings you configure on the lock screen. I see an increasing majority switching to smart devices that look like watches but serve many functions

Clocks and watches are not old school. They are rather hard to replace with smart phones. There's only so much integration and efficiency with tech until you get to the point where you cannot get more 'efficient'.
Sorry, I have to disagree on all those points. While a wall clock in areas is handy, clocks are in almost every device (TV;s appliances, etc). Almost everyone has a cellphone these days and most people are checking them constantly.

I once recall seeing the world's smallest cell phone when there was a run up to making smaller, easier, more portable phones. Sure it fits into small space but how functional is it trying to use the thing?
Sure, that has happened for various reasons in numerous markets – think cars, laptops for a few examples. This has nothing to do with alarm clocks though.

I need a decent clock dammit. And we do listen to radio on the one in the kitchen. Or occasionally kids pipe bluetooth something through it when doing the dishes.

Right, and fair enough. But one other device has changed how the world works – the smart home device. These devices are voice activated and you can set alarms without touch anything – just tell it when you want the alarm (or almost anything else for that matter) and it happens!