Much as I dislike the idea of smart home devices listening and watching, I may end up having to pick one up just because so many remote control power plugs require Alexa or Google Assistant these days.

I guess I could get a newer phone but I would rather give up my privacy than give up my Blackberry smile

Thinking about an Echo 5 - it has a sliding shutter for the camera and isn't too big for a bedside table. I could put it out on the deck if I felt I really need privacy, but anyone hacking into it at the moment would just feel sorry for me and tell me to get more sleep and maybe find a different job.

It's probably obvious that I'm not convinced of the benefit of combining high quality audio and annoying wake-up-thingy in the same box. I guess the high quality audio might help at sleepy time rather than wakey time ?

Another vote for regular watches, by the way. Nothing exotic here - a Seiko Titanium and a couple of Orient Mako's. The Seiko is incredibly light so maybe that does count as exotic.

Last edited by bridgman; 02/17/20 12:00 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8