Hi Ian,

I double and triple checked the wiring and all copper colored wire is attached to red on the banana plugs and all banana plugs are red to red and black to black. I’m having a look at the Pioneer SC-1222 to see if something may be configured wrong in the set up. Which leads me to a question for everyone: how does a receiver/processor determine gain levels with amplifiers when first connected? The Pioneer has a proprietary room correction system called Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System (MCACC), similar to Audessy with use of a microphone at the listening position and running test signals, but I have not run that yet, should I? I have manually gone in and configured the system to no center channel and no subwoofer, but did not run the MCACC yet.

However, all of this said, the mids and highs are breathtaking, crystal clear! The first tracks I played once everything was set up were off an XRCD compilation called “Best Audiophile Voices,” mostly female vocalists from Jane Monheit to Eva Cassidy to Allison Krause. Stunning! The first thought that came to mind was clarity. As I said, crystal clear without being too bright. And as Craig said, non-fatiguing. I just need to do some tweaking, I think. My prior set up was bookshelves speakers (Ascend Acoustic Sierra-2’s with an entry level Def Tech sub w a 125w amp), and maybe the room misses the sub? I don’t know. I’m no bass fanatic, btw.

I’ll try to send you a couple of pictures of the room via email. Thanks for your interest.