hey,

long story short - I have two tickets anywhere Airtran flies in the continental US. I have to use them by the end of October. I think I have it narrowed to two possible options:

1) fly to LA - drive to San Diego, see friends, go to Mexico, general screwing off for two weeks.

2) fly to San Fran - spend a few days and head north to camp/screw off in the parks/forests.

I've spent two weeks driving the Oregon/Washington Coast from Portland to Victoria - in an RV, camping. We also hit the Cascades and St. Helen's.

I love to hike and camp but I also like to stay a night or two in a good city (LOVED Portland) and see live music - I try for the local hang-outs, no tourist crapfests. I've never been to California...maybe this helps?? I love the deserts, I love the mountains...if it's unadulterated, I love it. I went to Vegas for work a few years ago (NAB) and extended the trip just to see the desert - I could take or leave Vegas...

Anyone have any suggestions? I'll be spending 2 weeks and my roommate will be with me. We're up for anything. We'd love to go to Austin and Big Bend, but with free tickets I thought that LA or San Fran would be a better choice - as far as I could get from Atlanta for free (if they flew to Anchorage, I'd be in Anchorage).

thanks for any thoughts/ideas you can share.

^billy
sufferer of wanderlust

videoslave