Ahhhhhhhhh...thank you for the validation of the tweeter height. I knew I was not imagining things because others at my place validated what I heard. I've often wondered if the floor-standers would sound more transparent with the tweeters located where the mids are. I know way back before v2, Axiom tested that and said it didn't work. I can see it would be challenging integrating the radiation from the woofers and mid-woofers when the two are separated by that distance.

I agree on the subs. I can actually run the M2v4 bookshelves in my living room without subs and still be satisfied. I can't do that with any other passive Axiom.

Yeah...the M2s are absolutely spectacular proving you don't need many drivers or big speakers for awesome sound. All those extras are for higher SPL. Ian has said as much a few times on the boards and in private. Of course some of us just have to find that out for ourselves.

I wonder how much better than the M2v4 a single driver speaker can sound. Wouldn't that be the panacea for imaging and soundstage?

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated