Originally Posted by Mojo
BTW Rich, you have to experiment with placement in your room. Placement makes a big difference in spatial resolution.

Rebuix asked for my initial impression ... guess I should share it ...

Was listening to them today ... playing with placement and the DSP settings to dial in the image and seeing if I could widen the sweet spot. It's one of those things where you get a great image and then lose it as you play.

Anyway, I'm impressed so far ... the clarity is amazing. I've never heard singers and instruments so there. This is partially because I'm driving them with a pair of ADA1500-5 (one for each speaker) and partially because the speaker is reproducing what it's given so cleanly. These guys go pretty low ... they just don't need a sub for most music (maybe low organ but I haven't tried that yet) ... the Trinity sessions was reproduced with out a flaw ... from her vocals to the stand up bass ... every instrument was clear as day and placed where the recording engineer put them.

I am really taken with the imaging ... for example on Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon I could place voices/sounds from directly in front (0 deg) to about 75-80 deg to either side (the speakers are at 30 degs on either side from center). Poorer recordings which sounded fine before now really show their flaws ... for example some instruments sound unnaturally wide ... I know it's the recording since well recorded stuff was reproducing with pin-point accuracy and realism.

I haven't yet gotten the sweet spot to work more then a few seats wide yet ... need to play more.
I also found that I don't get as good results standing as sitting. That maybe because I'm listening in a very live room with nothing on the walls, ceiling or floor. Currently these are setup on the long wall about 11 to 12' apart in a room that's 21' by 16' (I think). Most setups are on the short wall ... I'll try that next after doing a few more tests relating more to surrounds then the actives ...

So, after a few hours of evaluation ... I can say I'm happy I purchased them ...

Hope that helps.