I guess there would would be TWO differences I noticed almost immediately. First, in comparison to the M80s,the M5s are are about 4 db less sensitive which is pretty much in line with the listed specs and, of course, required volume balancing, no big deal. Secondly, and probably the most obvious, with the M5s now assuming the L/R roll mounted about 5 feet off the floor on each side of my monitor(LG 77" Oled), the soundstage is considerably elevated and more "in your face". I was a little concerned because the tweeters would be noticeably above the listening position there would be a loss in detail. I don't know how Axiom did it, but, so far my concern is unwarranted. Another thing I noticed when I first listened to the VP180OW when I received it a few weeks ago ago, it and now and the M5s don't seem to be affected as much by objects and room boundaries immediately around them and are, as you already mentioned, more linear.

I still haven't had a chance yet to watch a movie at higher volumes, but, I am sure that will be a pleasurable experience. As I said in a previous post, now that my LCR front soundstage is all OW, it looks like I didn't need the big boxes after all.

Last edited by casey01; 09/20/20 06:32 PM.