Originally Posted by Hector
I'm looking at upgrading my M22 front speakers. My listening room is about 2800 cubic feet and wondering if floor standing models will fill the room better and produce better quality of sound. I'm considering the M60's or M80's.
Just wondering if the extra cash for the M80's is worth it? Would like to hear from people who have experience with both or any other suggestions maybe?

At present I have M22's; VP150; QS8's; and EP350; all V2.
It would help to know whether you are referring to music or HT or both when you state "quality" and "fill the room" - and what your amplification that drives your current setup. What's missing to you in the sound? Are you driving your amp too hard with the speakers to fill the space, causing strained sounding noises?

I have a similar sized room, running M80's, VP160, dual EP350's and off brand surrounds. Assuming (yes, I know) that your amplification is of an acceptable quality and not the limiting factor, my first suggestion to improve your HT would be to trade in the VP150 for a VP160. This would be a huge difference.

You could then trade in your M22 on M80's, or keep them for surround duty.