My dad passed away in august, and although I'm quite the audio lady myself (21), im kinda at a loss. We just had the floors redone & I rewired everything myself and got all the remaining wires routed through the walls and in individual tests all the speakers are live working well. However it seems as some of the settings for the surround aren't right anymore the surround speakers and rear sub seem quiet? Im not getting the same immersive experience that my dad had set up previously & looking for some guidance. (This could also just be me not watching the movies loud enough too but my mom agrees, sounds different)

Ive listed the current channel levels from the Denon beside the corresponding speaker, I understand this is really dependent on space, position & personal preference but any guidance would be very appreciated.
All speakers are between 10-11ft from seated position. Floors were swapped from carpet to a textured vinyl faux wood thing i'm thinking this may also be the culprit for the sound change.

Denon AVS-3312CI

Left/Right: M80Ti (bi wire) | -6.0db
Centre:VP150 | +12 db
Rear Sub EP600 | -12db
Surround: QS4 ? (they're mounted so can't check the label) | 0.0db

Thanks for any advice/knowledge!!

* Edit* My dad was known on here as Real80sMan.

Last edited by ameliamco; 12/05/20 12:19 PM. Reason: added relevant info

Megs

You can blame my dad for the audio obsession.