I must confirm, with all the "hubub" about streaming, whether it be regular Blu Ray or 4K discs with HDR/Dolby Vision video, Dolby Atmos, music or movies, hands down the disc will almost ALWAYS be superior to streaming in every way. The picture is better, the sound is better, you get the extras and keep the disc forever and in my case, that is even with an upper echelon streaming service. Just as an example on Netflix recently they debuted the original Blade Runner and I also happen to have the disc with 4K/HDR. The verdict? No comparison and of course, Netflix doesn't provide the Dolby Atmos soundtrack and compared to the disc the streaming service is 5.1 HD with a somewhat "washed-out" picture.

Incidentally, I also own the Yamaha CX-A 5200 Pre-Pro and another recent Yamaha AVR and whether it be streaming or a disc, the AI and whatever soundtrack that is being transmitted are not an either/or situation. If you are watching a disc with Dolby Atmos, even with clicking on the AI function, that doesn't change. AI is just slightly adjusting the channels between the soundtrack and dialogue without affecting the "original" soundtrack and I can only assume that is done with some form of compression. Also, if you are watching a streaming service connected through the Pre-Pro/AVR by pressing the On-screen menu and scanning down to the "information" button, it will display onscreen the audio/video information coming from the source.

A point of interest, for those that have a "Premium" Netflix account with an HDR/Dolby Vision compatible video device, if you already have or looking to buy a new 4K BR player, the Panasonic UB820/9000 models, regardless of the original video content and how it is transmitted(SDR/HDR), enables the viewer to watch EVERYTHING through the players Netflix app in Dolby Vision.