As always, that was very interesting Mojo, thank you. I'll be re-reading that a few more times I'm sure.

One of the main reason I built up the M80 in my head is that while I love the Axiom sound, I find their high-end a little lacking. My surrounds on my music system are old Advent minis and they're only a couple of feet away from my head. I tend to play my music in all-channel stereo, but I often play around with different sound programs including plain old stereo. When I go from all-channel to stereo I really feel the loss of the high-end. (I usually use Ray Charles's 'What'd I Say' for this experiment because of the very distinct cymbals) So I'm kid of hoping the dual mids and tweeters of the M80 (or LFR880) give the high end more prominence, or at least allow me to tune that way more readily. Please let me know if I'm smoking something on that count.

Maybe the best thing I can add to highlight my sound preference is that so far my favorite Axiom speaker is an older M22v2 that I set up out on my porch. (I think that's right in line with your admiration of the M2 by the way.) There's no boundary behind them, and no subwoofer, and I think the sound is perfect.

And Trevor, thanks for chiming in, there seem to be a lot of votes for the 660!