When we were last at the factory about 4 years back, we had the chance to listen to the LFRs in the Axiom A/B testing room with non-LFR versions. At the time I was also considering swapping out our M60s at that point for newer versions and wood veneer but since the LFRs came out, we thought, maybe we could swap the M60s for the LFR versions.

Simple consideration for size; do NOT buy a speaker that is bigger for the room than what is needed. A person may be drawn to the general bigger is better trap, but when it comes to sound, you will find it VERY hard to place a large speaker in a small or not adequate space. Our HT room is a very near example of this. I cannot quite get as broad a sweet spot as i would like with the M60s because we sit 11 feet from them. I need about another 2 feet to get that broader sweet spot.
Now if i had M22s, it would be easier to move those around. M80s are completely out of the question because the placement wouldn't be any different than for the M60s and given the room volume, i don't need the extra output.

The point of looking at the LFRs was because of the way they diffuse sound more. Yes if i figured i was certain this could make audio nirvana i would consider it more but the cost is a bit prohibitive for the gains that i expect it could bring. For me i just don't feel it's worth that extra cost, but if i were just buying Axioms today, i'd probably go for the LFRs in that room.

If i can find the thread from 4 years back where i presented my thoughts on the LFRs i'll post it here (unless Mojo finds it first).

Last edited by chesseroo; 02/06/21 01:46 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."