Thanks guys.

I still buy blue ray disks. Well, 4k nowadays. I really have no interest in ripping and storing them digitally. I'm kinda old school I guess. I like to see the disks sitting on shelves. The vast majority of my files that I want to back up are the typical files - music (FLAC/MP3), photos, documents, tax stuff...... I've been using a Squeezebox Touch to play the music files over my home network, but it's way too long in the tooth and I continue to have troubles with it, as it's not supported anymore. Plus, it runs on my office PC that resides on the home network, and sometimes (more often than not), the PC is snoozing, and I have to go wake it up to play music files. I have roughly 1500 CD's ripped and stored and the FLAC files just sound better than anything I stream from Spotify. Spotify is great for background, but I prefer the FLAC files when I want to listen to good sound quality.

So yeah, rambling aside......I want to use the NAS for music playback and auto file backup. No video streaming.