[
Originally Posted by Mojo
I wonder what happened.

Strictly speculation of course, but, ultimately and obviously, it always comes down to sales volume and acceptance by the audio community. To me, the Prestige line was quite different looking in appearance and aesthetics and considering the price point, it entered into a significant range of very competitive long standing brands against whom it had to compete. When I think on it, despite their long standing reputation, I can recall very few reviews in the audio press for this line of speakers which would mean perhaps the dealers weren't particularly happy with the response they were getting from those that might have bought the brand in the past. I would also think that the Premier series was just better value for the money and the Prestige series was just not a good fit. I am still not sure that their new "Founder" line fills the bill. To me, it just looks like a change in aesthetics.

I think sometimes, even the smartest companies can make mistakes and I guess, this was one of those cases where a company saw what was(or was not) happening then decided to pull the plug and go in another direction..