I haven't used LARSA in a few months. I vaguely recall i had the tablet plugged into a receiver to generate a frequency sweep noise which the program then recorded the result via the tablet mic. I don't have that setup presently so i'm not sure if i can use LARSA to record while i use an external pink noise source. I'll have to look at it this afternoon and see.
I suppose worst case scenario, i should be able to figure out how to connect the tablet to the main floor system with the Emotiva but that will mean alot more digging in behind the main media tower. At some point, i need to get back to some Christmas shopping.

RE: sound preferences
The science says that people prefer a flatter frequency response speaker, based on double blind testing. We also know that people can prefer a warm bass and that some like to turn up the treble. I suspect, much like anything else in the biological world, that with a confidence interval around the average all of this can be true and yet the results of the science are still valid and within the average RANGE.
e.g. if the X axis was frequency and Y axis was dB, the blue line is the average preference while the grey bars signify a range in which preferences may occur; at the 7.5 mark this could mean a deviation of up to 2dB at that frequency where someone prefers the peak and someone prefers the lower value
[Linked Image from i.stack.imgur.com]

As you state Trevor, sometimes adjusting by 1-2 dB gives a bit of weight or adds a bit of highs for vocal pop, is all that is needed. There's a reason why Revel includes a tweeter dB adjustment on their speakers! (along with a boundary switch as well)

Last edited by chesseroo; 11/22/21 05:52 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."