Hello
I am on a power savings kick and hooked up a 12v trigger to my EP600. Also have a current monitoring system attached to breaker box on each circuit to see power usage in real time.

The EP600 light will turn from green to red when the receiver is turned off. However the power draw does not go down at all, well maybe a watt. If I turn the EP600 off the consumption drops by about ~20 watts.

Is the trigger really set to save power or is it just basically a mute circuit ? the manual leads me to believe otherwise.

Note I may have an older version of the EP600

thanks

from the manual. emphasis mine.

TRIGGER: Use of the trigger input is an optional hook-up. If your A/V receiver or A/V preamp-processor has a 12-volt trigger
output, you can run a 3.5mm connector cable to the subwoofer trigger input and your subwoofer will power on and off with your
A/V receiver or A/V preamp-processor. When the trigger signal is in the “off ” mode the LED will change from Green to Red and
the amplifi er will be switched to a low power consumption standby mode. If you have multiple subwoofers you can run a 3.5mm
connector cable from the trigger out on the first subwoofer to the trigger input of the second subwoofer.

Axiom M80, Ep600, Qs8, VP150, Crown XLI 2500 , DBX Driverack PA2, Focusrite Scarlet 2i4