Talked with Andrew F. who asked Andrew W. about the 25 Watts on the ADA1000 ... seems that that power draw is typical for an 8 channel 1000. Guess each amp must have some non-trivial current draw even when it's not switching. From the power difference my guess is that the 1000's amps must draw a lot more in standby than the 1250 or 1500 amps.

In any case, I think I need to build a quick and dirty (I.E. simple) way to automate startup and shutdown. Walking the room every time I startup and shut down the system is unacceptable. Think I can get something up in a day or so ... Should have all the parts (not sure about the 1/8 phono plugs). Just need to figure out when.

----------------

I also ask about the longevity issue. The answer is that the units will last longer if shut down with the switch in back ... which makes sense to me. For some reason I mis-remembered AndrewW's answer when I was investigating standby power way back. The post was pretty easy to find: Andrews Answer 4/2019

I'm sure I'll be hearing from Mojo on this ... let's see ... the old age excuse is over used .... so let's just say that one of my 3 brain cells must have kicked the bucket smile