Originally Posted by UK_AV
The couch/screen can't move (there is actually another couch in front of the window which I have not shown.)

The question is just where to place the speakers, and how many to have, bearing in mind the constraints.
I understand ... but the room does have potential if you ever change your mind

Here are my thoughts (others may have better ones)
First, IMO, a 5.1 system would be best ... I think 7.1 and ATMOS are out ...but that's not bad in that 5.1 can sound great and it's a lot more friendly on the budget

I would put QS10s (or any other non directional surround) in the #9/#10 area (on wall) about a 1/4 (at the highest) to 1/2 a meter below the ceiling. M5 on-walls on either side to the screen and optionally a VP150 (or VP160) center under screen. I say optionally because if it's only you watching you should be able to get an ok virtual center off the M5s. If others are watching then the center will be needed (try it without first and see what you think). If you can fit a sub then do it! I'd say its a requirement for any movie that goes boom. I'd recommend the EP500 if you can swing the cost/size (IMO, it's the sweet spot of the line up). If you use a sub you can move to less expensive mains if you need to save some cash (M3ow, M2ow). I have a 5.1 setup in the family room which came out way better than I expected (I'd say somewhere between excellent and awesome ) ... M2s, VP150ow, EP500 with Q10 surrounds. The room is 18'x18'x9' and is split in two ... one side for TV. The other for ping-pong.