As for M-Audio stuff, I've had a Revolution 7.1 in my PC for a while now and it's been a good card. The S/N is 106dB and I have it going to my NAD T762 for now. I'm pretty sure that if you had an M-Audio card going straight to an amp, it wouldn't sound too bad. The only quirk I've noticed is that I get really annoying static when I run my ATI All-In-Wonder to the line in on the M-Audio, but I'm sure the static is from the ATI. So it's no big deal, just unplug it when I'm not watching TV. Another thing you might need to know is I remember reading about people having driver issues with the USB version of the Revolution 7.1. I'm not sure if it would be the same as what you're looking at, but just thought I'd let you know. Oh yeah...and their software is REALLY nice. Easy to use and plenty of features and settings. The manual on the other hand is on par with Denon. * for all those poor people who have suffered such pain and anguish while reading one* If you want you can wait till it's cold and use it to start a fire. That's about it's only use. Anyway, hope this helps a little.