the abilene high eagles are playing el paso montwood in odessa. they try to pick a neutral site for playoff games, but there isnt any other places to play between el paso and abilene, so odessa is the best they got. abilene high should blow montwood out of the water, which would set up one of the best high school match-ups in the nation next week against the southlake carroll dragons(SLC). thats the team that played on espn earlier this year. abilene high and SLC are easily the best 2 teams in the state, and SLC is even ranked #1 in the nation. needless to say, i am gonna try and go to that game, where ever it may be. rumor has it they will play in the alamodome in san antonio. thats only 4 hours from here, i can make it.

my team, the san angelo central bobcats, did make the playoffs, and has already beat an el paso school in the first round. this week we play mansfield summit, but the game is in round rock(just north of austin), and i had already committed to going to odessa with my buddy, so i aint gonna be able to make it. unfortunately, our team is not that strong, and the only reason they were able to make the playoffs is because they play in a weak district. i am trying to stay positive, but all indications would show that my team will most likely lose this weekend. but, they still gotta play the game, so we will see!!

GO BOBCATS!!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??