In reply to:

Why don't you try the Mapleshade Golden Double Helix speaker wires from Mapleshade on a 30 day trial and report back?

I seriously considered it... a listening day with Chesseroo, SidVicious, and any of the techs and engineers I work with to finally put an end to this, but then in work the real world variables:

- since Mapleshade is an unknown - whether or not I will get a full refund (minus return shipping) is always a concern
- regardless of our findings, someone in the designer cable camp will find a "flaw" in the experiment ("Oh, well, I'm sure if you used xxx amp with yyy CD player, like I do, you'd hear a difference")
- If someone really wants to try to make a convert of me and to prove that their cable will sound better (and not just different - I'll agree cables will sound different without a doubt, I believe that a ball of 32ga wire will sound different than a short run of 12ga. copper), let them do it on their dime

Again, I point to the fact that both in television studios (which I've been in a whole lot) and on movie sets/sound stages (which I have less experience on), there are no exotic cables used - if those mastering the sound are somehow miserably crushing the audio they're putting out, how would I somehow gain back the lost fidelity as an end-user by using $500 interconnects?

Bren R.