As for the Wharfedale comparison - I have a pair of the Atlantic 200s. They are a step (maybe 2 or 3) down from the Diamond series, which has recieved much praise, especially considering its easy pricing. Anyway, I love my Wharfs. Placement is very important with these. They are rated at 6 ohms, and play fairly high volumes, but do show their 'limitations' fairly abruptly. The two are fairly similar in size, and technology is similar too, I believe. I think you'd be happy with them given the right placement. They are fairly warm, well-made (crappy grilles), and has fairly strong bass output (mine are rated down 45Hz, yes minus the +/- range, but i'd say it's gotta be right around there). One problem with the Diamonds is that you can't replace a woofer. Mine are rear-ported, and are on stands roughly 15" from back wall, and 8" from the side with a 15 degree toe in a 8'x12' room. That's all I'm running right now, and they are decent enough to wow all my friends. Best of luck. Hope I didn't bore you all to death.