About a month ago I decided to start upgrading my 5.1 speaker set up which consisted of some older Yamaha book shelf mains and surrounds, an AIWA 150w sub and a JBL S-CenterII. I decided to try the M22Ti's for the mains, and I have been completely blown away with how great they sound.What an unbelieveable little speaker!

Eventually I will be replacing the center with a VP150 and my old sub with an SVS 20-39Pci. I'm not using the system for DVD-A or SACD. Just HT.

My next purchase is going to be the surrounds, and I'm having a hard time deciding between the QS8's and the M22Ti's. I built some wooden speaker stands for the surrounds a while back that hold my surrounds about 6' up, and I have them about 1' foot behind my listening area, aimed across the room facing each other with about '6 distance between them and the back wall. Even with my old crummy Yamaha bookshelves the surrounds are fairly immersive and do a fair job of creating an ambient surround effect with not too much localization.

I've read so many great things about the QS8's, but I must admit that I have never heard anything other than monopole direct fireing speakers. One one hand, I am thinking I should give the QS8's a try, and that I might get a much more immersive surround effect with them. I've figured out a way that I could modify my stands and use the bracket to hold the Qs8's freely without any obstruction to the woofers.

On the other hand, the placement of my current direct fireing surrounds give me a pretty good sound already, and I can't help but wonder how much better it might sound with M22Ti's, which would also be an exact match to my mains. I've read that having the same spreakers for mains and surrounds is a good way to go. I've also noticed that the M22Ti's go a bit lower in frequency than the Qs8's, but I don't know if that would make much difference. I know this question has probably been asked hundreds of times, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?