Edsynth,

I am one of the few who are using the M22's as rear surrounds. I am in a unique situation with currently living in a rent house with an unusual room config so the use of QS8's were not an option for me (at this time ). I do plan on getting some QS8's when we move into our new house down the road (as well as a new 7.1 receiver and a universal DVD player...then the M22's will perform double duty as rear surrounds for both movies and DVD-A / SACD.)

So, currently the M22's are acting as my rear surrounds on 31" stands in the back of my room. They work very well in the current set up (but would sound even better with some distance behind my current situation...sweet spot on back wall, M22's at 90 degrees to either side). They immerse you extremely well with the rainstorm and thunder in "Open Range"...in fact, you feel you are outside in the storm.

I have also only had monopole direct firing rears and am very impressed with the M22's handling of the surround channels.

The choice is yours...

Just my .02,

WhatFurrer

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."