OK, so here's another question that I'm sure has been addressed in some past thread but I can't seem to find it. Apologies in advance if it's right under my nose -- send a link if so... (ps, I realize a very similar thread is currently being discussed, but it does not address my specific issues)

I am now considering going with M60s rather than M22s and an EP175 for the following reasons:

1) $100 cheaper, yet gets me a much higher quality set of mains. And I can always add a sub later.
2) Less overall space in the living room given over to speakers assuming the sub can't be completely hidden somewhere). This is not so important to me, but essential for my wife.
3) Assumingly, less of the wall-rattling bass that I don't need and would only disturb my twin infants anyway, yet still plenty bass for the music that will constitute the majority of my listening anyway.
4) Heavier speakers which don't sit on stands would theoretically be harder for my twins to topple.

OK, here are some other factors in the equation that might effect advice given:

A) As present I will only be driving these speakers with a Denon AVR-900 (60w channel @ 8 ohms). A receiver upgrade is hopefully in the near future but maybe not.
B) I've heard that Axioms tower line is much harder to "dial in" than the bookshelves, something I have next to no knowledge/experience with.
C) Room size will be 12 x 22, with the speakers facing across the narrrow axis, so if the M60s need more than a foot and half say of spacing from the wall to sound optimal then that probably answers my question right there.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Last edited by sensibull; 06/29/04 05:27 PM.