My friend bought a complete Paradigm reference setup (studio 100's, ADP's, center) and re-wired them all using pure silver wire. He also purchased a mammoth, pure silver subwoofer cable for his Servo 15. I can't remember what he paid for the silver wire (not to mention the small roll of silver solder he had to use), but I do recall I was floored when he told me. I do recall the subwoofer cable was around a thousand bucks.

After he finished wiring them all, he had me come over to listen to them. He continued to attest to the improvement in sound....noting the highs were much better than before. I heard no difference, but then again I didn't listen to his system every day like he did. When I told him I couldn't hear any difference, he became annoyed and kept throwing in different CD's and asking me again and again. I kept telling him there was no difference and eventually began to raz him for wasting is money. This banter went on for a while until he finally became so agitated that I told him I had just been kidding with him the whole time; and that I did notice a subtle difference. He guess he just needed some validation.