Holey Moley! Your wife likes the look of the QS8's and you're still shopping?!?! Order up, already!

Okay, kidding aside, the QS8's are fabulous speakers. I have mine wall-mounted about 6.5 feet off the floor and they really disappear nicely, both sonically and visually. The design is just super; the multi-driver configuration makes a very enveloping experience, and the box is big enough to carry satisfying low frequency material.

IMO, the QS8's are best (easiest, cheapest, excellent performing) when wall-mounted, but Axiom makes a great device called the Full Metal Bracket (FMB - available for additional cost) that others have used to mount them to the ceiling. The FMB allows you to tilt and rotate the speakers nicely. If you MUST ceiling mount them, that would be my suggestion.

I recommend the QS8's enthusiastically and without reservation. Axiom makes good products that represent excellent value. Did you see that they are available in custom finishes also?

That sounds like a really great setup you have. I hope you'll be happy in your new home.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem