OK, my Star Wars geekhood must come out...

Have to agree w/ most of the posters, the last 2 "prequels" (man, I hate that word) were pretty disappointing. I will, however, get the DVD Trilogy in September. Hopefully, the PQ will be better than the Indiana Jones DVDs that came out...I was disappointed w/ that.

I'm not a rabid fan, never camped out for a movie, don't attend comicon or the fantasy shows. But I have read almost all the related Star Wars novels (none of direct movie-based books). Stories by Timothy Zahn and Michael Stackpole have been quite good and keep the Star Wars Universe interesting. Though my daughter has made it difficult to keep up the reading lately... The books are much more interesting than any of the new movies.

Don't know if anyone caught the tour years ago, but there was a cross country Star Wars tour where they brought around all the props from the first 3 movies. The Darth Vader costume was cool, the chest plate was made from cheap radio shack parts but back then it looked high tech. They had models of the Death Star, Millenium Falcon, concept drawings, costumes, etc. VERY cool to see it all live.

OT: I liked JK Rowlings recent comment about a rumor of her writing a prequel to the Harry Potter novels. Basically she said, "There will be no other books. This is not Star Wars."

Last edited by oldskoolboarder; 07/27/04 07:48 PM.