This new VSX-1014TX-K is far from being a piece of junk, not that anybody has said that it is, just commenting on it is all.

My Uncle ordered one and it just showed up today. Of course I just had to dash right over and check it out for myself. lol

I wasn't able to spend a lot time over there and really play with it much, but I will admit I was completely blown away by this thing. Very sweet, fine receiver. Very well built, much heavier then what the specs say it is.

JohnK, it is pretty darn close to exactly what the 52TX is. It's a very nice sounding receiver that has pretty much everything you'd ever want or need out of it. I mean lets face facts here, there's always something that could be better, but for $500 beans, one can't be too picky or complain too much. lol

I have yet to replace my receiver and man I'm seriously considering picking myself up one of these babies. It truly is that good, especially for the price.

I'd recommend to anybody who's in the market to get a new receiver, to at least audition this thing. Just my opinion though.

Sutter Cane